Skills & Own Boat Tuition
When I walk the docks I am often asked questions about boating, “How do you get into a mooring with the tide and wind behind you…How do I get into Bembridge…I want to teach my wife…How would you trim for waves?” All these questions are part and parcel of driving a boat and so we thought people may find it useful to have some own boat tuition sessions.
Own boat tuition sessions are perfect for:
- Families who would love to have everyone learn at the same time
- Those with access to a boat who want to explore more and go further afield
- Recent members of Boat Club Trafalgar who want to extend their skills
- Long-standing members who have “forgotten how to…”
The sessions are delivered by one of our professional RYA Advanced skippers or instructors.
The way we work is we’ll give you a quick call to understand:
- What you would like to learn and who else will be on the boat. For example, a day for the whole family?
- If there is a particular boat from the Boat Club Trafalgar Fleet you would like instruction on.
- Whether you want to be certified by making it an RYA course.
With this information, I can create a bespoke session/day for you.
We tend to group the tuition into the following areas:
- Cruising destinations
- Boat management
- Safety and crew management
- Rights and wrongs – rules of the sea
BUT you tell us what you want and we will shape our tuition accordingly.
We charge on a daily basis and can focus on one of the above elements or we can combine several elements into one day.
If the tuition is NOT RYA then we can have as many people on the boat as the boat is legally set up for. If you want to achieve an RYA certificate then we are only allowed to have up to 3 students.
Boats under 10 metres : £240 per day.
Boats over 10 metres: £280 per day.
How to Book
As this is such a personal service please email me or call me on +44 23 9270 6599