New operating procedures for Boat Club Trafalgar members
It will now be possible for members to book Boat Club boats from Saturday 13 June.
You are reminded of your responsibilities under current government guidelines i.e. to please stay at home and self-isolate if you have any symptoms.
- If any person aboard the vessels becomes ill or shows symptoms of Covid-19 please inform us before returning to Trafalgar Wharf
- Only members and guests from the same household are allowed on the boats
- Boat bookings can only be made more than 24 hours before intended use. (i.e. no last minute bookings on the day)
- No overnight trips allowed.
On arrival at Boat Club Trafalgar:
On arrival please observe the social distancing measures in place at Trafalgar Wharf by keeping a minimum 2 metre distance.
- Boat checks & preparation will be done in advance by member of the team prior to your arrival, this will include sanitising shared surfaces of the boat such as:
- steering wheel, throttle controls, chart plotter screen, VHF mic
- cabin door handles, tables
- marine heads
- Sanitised life jackets and ignition keys will be left on board ready for the members.
- You are strongly advised to use your own life jackets
- We do have life jackets for sale at our Chandlery store, let us know if you would like some advice on this
- Please make sure you complete the Boat check list which will be left on board for you. Please notify us before you leave the pontoon of any issues
- Boat club Boats will be positioned on the outerside of the lefthand side pontoon ready for you to depart
- You will be advised once the boat is ready to use. Please remain in the car park until you are advised your boat is ready for you
Hygiene whilst on board:
- Whilst boats will have been sanitised before use as per government guidelines, you should re-sanitise and clean touch points (surfaces, controls etc.)on the boat before departing for your own health and safety.
- You must use your own hand sanitising gel and wipes regularly whilst on board club boats.
Returning boats back to Boat Club Trafalgar:
- Please moor your boat alongside the outerside of the lefthand pontoon on arrival.
- PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR RUBBISH AWAY with you using the bin liners provided on each boat
- Leave life jackets on board
- Drop keys back into the Key Deposit Box outside main office building clearly labelled ‘BOAT CLUB TRAFALGAR KEY DEPOSIT BOX’
Download these guidelines. BCT Covid 19 Operating procedures for members